At the end of our Apples unit, I always let the kids make apple pies. This is a kid friendly recipe that I got several years ago from a very wonderful parapro:
Canned biscuits (large)
1. Give each student a piece of wax paper & let them flatten their biscuit.
2. Give each student some butter to spread on their biscuit with their finger.
3. Place 1 or 2 apples on the biscuit & sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Students fold their biscuit over & pinch the edge to close.
5. Fry or cook until golden brown.