Thursday, December 8, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Okay. I have three things to blog about tonight. First, I wanted to share this awesomely easy DIY ornament that we made today.

The ingredients:


Yes, that is floor cleaner. I got it at Wal-Mart. You will also need clear glass ornaments and...GLITTER!!! I love all things glitter, don't you?

Follow this link to see how to make them: http://youtu.be/55g0oEhj78I

Here is a pic of how ours turned out. We used "chunky kid glitter" and I think they turned out just fine. My kiddos and I are in love with our ornaments!


On to #2...
I purchased a license from www.scrappindoodles.com so I can share things with you guys that I make with their clipart. To celebrate, I made a graphing activity to go along with There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell. I included an "I Can" chart so you can use it in a Math Station. Just click the pic below to grab it :) Please leave me a comment if you download it!


 On to #3...
I was surprised to find this little treat in my Inbox from Emily Shell at Ms. Emily Shell a few days ago...

 

The Sunshine Award rules are...
1. Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
2. Answer the following questions below.
3. And pass the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs and let them know you awarded them.

* Favorite Color? Green
* Favorite Animal?  Dogs. I have a Terrier mix, Bentley, that we rescued from a local shelter earlier this year. I couldn't resist sharing a pic of him with y'all...
* Favorite Number? 7
* Favorite Drink? Mountain Dew (it wakes me up every morning)
* Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
* Your Passion? God, my family & friends, and of course...TEACHING!!!
* Giving or Getting Presents? Both
* Favorite day? Friday. I love knowing that Saturday is right around the corner :)
* Favorite flowers? Roses (not red ones)
Here are the blogs I am passing the award on to:

Thanks again Emily!

10 comments:

  1. I never knew you could use floor cleaner for the ornaments!! Here I was, ready to buy five bottles of that glue stuff the craft store sells for $5 a pop! Thanks for the tip :)

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute blog Mrs. Bailey! I saw that you are a new follower of my blog and now I'm a new follower of yours :) GO Kindergarten!

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten
    Target Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna! I gave you a New Blogger Award! Please go by my blog to pick it up! I love these beautiful ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SOO welcome, Jenna!! love your blog and all your AWESOME ideas! Keep em' comin' !! :) LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the glitter ornament!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the shout out Jenna! I love your graphing freebie too - I only have 3 more days of school until our break, but I'm thinking I might have to squeeze it in somehow!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenna! Just happened upon your blog post tonight & noticed the Sunshine Award for me! Thanks so much!!! And congrats for yours as well :)
    Mrs. Bremer’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want your sweet little dog!!!! precious!
    I am going to copy you and take a pic or 10 of my dogs in front of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your newest follower and LOVE your blog! I will definitely use this graph next year....TOO, TOO, TOO cute. Thank you so much for sharing this and your other wonderful activities! I would love for you to come check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grab a copy of "The Old Lady" activities you have! I love the game! Thanks so much for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals NOW and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete